This year we are upgrading our facilities to turn one of our multipurpose spaces into a dedicated makerspace.
What is a Makerspace?
“There was a time when you could follow the formula: Work hard at school, go to college, and climb the corporate ladder. But because of the complex global economy, because of the creative economy, the information economy, our students are going to have to navigate a maze. The ladder is now a maze. And because it’s a maze, what do they need in order to navigate that? They need to be able to engage in iterative thinking, creative thinking, critical thinking, they need to know how to pivot, how to change, how to revise, how to persevere. They need to solve complex problems. They need to think divergently. All of those are involved in that maker mindset. And so, if you can embed that maker mindset inside of the curriculum, and you tap into the standards that you’re teaching, then they’re able to develop that maker mindset. The space is just the platform that facilitates it.”
Donations of any size can help make this vision a reality.
- $500 can buy a LEGO Mindstorm or Ozobot Robotics kit
- $400 can buy a new Collaboration Station
- $300 can buy a Maker Tool Set
- $200 can buy flexible seating
- $150 can build our new LEGO wall
- $100 can buy a STEM supply starter kit
- $75 can buy woodworking supplies
- $50 can buy a Snap Circuit Kit